Come and savour the delicious combination of Asian-inspired Tuna Burgers with Ginger Sauce and crunchy bulgur, prepared to perfection just the way she likes it! Heaven in a bite, it’s truly irresistible!
See how simple it is to create this great-tasting dish below and don’t forget that you can always print it.
Tuna Burgers with Ginger Sauce
- 600 g Fresh Tuna , 2 steaks
- 3 Slices White Bread
- 2 Eggs , whisked
- 175 g Frozen Peas
- 4 Fresh Onions , finely Chopped
- ¼ Cup Fresh Coriander , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger , grated
- 1 tbsp Ponzu Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp EVOO , Extra Virgin Olive Oil
For the Sauce:
- 3 tbsp Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Mayonaise
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger , grated
- 3 tsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp Sesame Oil
For the Bulgur:
- 200 g Bulgur
- 500 ml Warm Water
- 2 tbsp Ponzu Sauce
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp dry Coriander , finely ground
- 1 tbsp EVOO , Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ freshly ground Black Pepper
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all ingredients in a small bowl. Keep aside.
- Make the bulgur by mixing the dry coriander, ponzu, soy and black pepper in the warm water and keep aside.
- In a medium-large non-stick pot add the oil on medium heat and allow to heat-up for 1’. Add the bulgur and sauté for a minute or so and until the bulgur is well tossed with the oil. Then add the broth and turn up the heat.
- Cover the pot with its lid, bring to a boil and turn off the heat. Allow to absorb all the broth for about 12’.
- Finally uncover and place a kitchen towel in-between the pot and the lid to absorb any remaining humidity, for further 10’. Fluff the bulgur with a fork.
- Take a non-stick frying pan and place on medium heat. A minute later rub 1 tbsp of the olive oil all-over the steaks and place the steaks in the pan. Season with half the salt and half the pepper and sear for about 2’ and until a bit of charring is created on the sides of the steaks going up until ⅓ of their height. Flip over and sear as before. Remove from the heat and allow to rest for about 5’. Then roughly chop and keep aside.
- Cut the ends of the bread slices and roughly chop them. Then add into a bowl of a food processor with the metal blade attached and process until they become fine crumbs. Remove from the bowl and keep aside.
- In the same bowl add the peas and pulse couple of times to roughly chop the peas making sure not to over-work and create a paste. Remove from the bowl and keep aside.
- In the same bowl add the tuna and pulse couple of times to roughly chop it.
- Use a large bowl and add the tuna along with the peas, coriander, scallions, ginger, eggs, ponzu and soy. Season with the remaining salt and pepper. Mix well and then fold in the breadcrumbs and shape the burgers into about 8 patties.
- Place a large frying pan on medium/low heat and a minute later add the 1 tbsp of oil Allow to heat-up and add half the burgers cooking for about 4’ per side until nicely crusted. Repeat for the reaming burgers and serve with the bulgur and the ginger sauce.