If you ever happen to have rice left in the fridge from previous day then this is a good idea on how to use it.
See how simple it is to create this great-tasting dish below and don’t forget that you can always print it.
Here you can find more of my Rice Recipes.
Egg Fried Rice with Courgettes
- 300 g Cooked Rice
- 4 Eggs , whisked
- 2 Courgettes , halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 Green Chilli Peppers , thinly sliced
- 2 Scallions , green and white parts thinly sliced
- 1 Avocado , halved and sliced, optional
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 3 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- Use a large frying pan and place on high heat. Allow to heat up and pour 2 tbsp of the oil. A minute later toss in the courgettes and fry for 4’ while tossing. Add the scallions and the chilli peppers and fry for another minute or so.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well with the veggies on medium/low heat. Add the soy sauce, the Chinese spices and the sesame oil and give it a good stir.
- Move the rice to the side of the pan and on the other side pour the remaining 1 tbsp of the oil. A minute late add the eggs mixture and cook while stirring but not mixing with the rice. Once the eggs are almost cooked mix with the rice and serve with the avocado.