Food Recipes, Sauces
Hot Pepper Sauce[featured-images]
Why buy store-bought pepper sauce when you can have your own home-made ones made to the level of heat you like most? I like mine very hot! This one is mostly for dipping, just a bit though!
Have a look below at the full recipe and don’t forget that you can always print it.
Alternatively, you can surf in my Facebook or Instagram pages to explore more mouthwatering recipes. I hope you enjoy it!
Here you can find more of my Sauces.
Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 Kg Red Jalapeno Peppers , or any other red-hot ones, stem/top cut and halved
- 1 tbsp Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 650 ml White Wine Vinegar
- 75 ml Lime Juice
- 3 Cloves Garlic , roughly cut
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 2 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- Place a large pot on medium/high heat and add all of the above ingredients. Mix well, cover with the lid, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30’ to soften well the peppers. Remove from the heat and allow to cool a bit for 20’.
- Place the above mixture into a high-speed blender and pulse for a minute or so aiming for a smooth mixture. If too thick then add some more vinegar.
- Pass the blended mixture through a fine sieve. If you need to thicken it then add it back to the pot for 10-20’ until you reach the desired consistency.
- Add into sterilized air-tight containers of about 100ml each, keep one in the refrigerator and freeze the rest.