An easy to make super flavourful salad to satisfy the appetite and make you feel ‘good’.
Have a look below at the full recipe and don’t forget that you can always print it.
Beans & Wheat Salad
Servings: 6 People
- 750 g White Beans , preferably Barba Stathis
- 200 g Wheat
- 2 Red Bell Pepper , finely diced
- 1 Carrot , quartered lengthwise and diced
- 4 Spring Onions , finely chopped
- 1 Courgettes , quartered lengthwise and diced
- 1 Avocado , finely diced
- 2 tbsp Capers , roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh Thyme , chopped
- 1 tbsp dry Coriander , ground
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley , finely chopped
- 60 ml EVOO , Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for serving
- 30 ml Lemon Juice , plus more for serving
- 20 ml Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- Place a large pot or casserole on high fire filled with water. Bring to a boil and add the wheat. Bring again to a boil and simmer on low heat with the lid askew for about 35’ for the wheat to soften but al dente. Remove from the fire, drain and add to the final serving bowl. Season with half the salt and sprinkle the coriander. Mix and keep aside.
- In the same pot add more water and on high fire bring to a boil. Add the frozen beans, bring again to a boil and simmer on low heat with the lid askew for 30’. Halfway through add to the pot the celery and the carrots, add the dry coriander and season with the salt & pepper while continuing the cooking. Remove from the fire, drain and add to the final serving bowl along with the wheat.
- In the meantime, place a sauteing pan on medium heat and add half 20 ml of the oil. Allow to heat up for a minute or so and add the peppers along with the carrots and courgettes. Sauté for about 5’ until a bit softened but still crunchy. Right at the end season with the remaining ½ tsp of salt as well as the pepper. Remove from the fire and once cooled add to the serving bowl with the wheat and the beans.
- To make the dressing mix the remaining 50ml of oil with the lemon juice, vinegar and mustard. Whisk well and keep aside.
- Toss in the serving bowl the spring onions along with the capers, thyme and parsley, pour the dressing and mix gently. Finally, add the avocado and toss gently.