This Rice with Okra and Peppers recipe is not only easy to make but so tasty. The mix of flavors is mouthwatering and spiced up with an array of aromatic spices.
Have a look below at the full recipe and don’t forget that you can always print it.
Here you can find more of my Rice Recipes.
Rice with Okra and Peppers
- 250 g Long Grain Rice such as Carolina
- 1000 ml Chicken Broth preferably home-made (check Here for the recipe)
- 750 g Okra
- 3 Green Bell Peppers seeded, halved and sliced
- 1 Yellow Onion halved and sliced
- 80 ml EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic minced with a garlic presser tool
- 1 tbsp Chili Paste
- 1 tsp Roasted Chili flakes sauce
- 1 tsp Ras El Hanout spice mix preferably home-made (check Here for the recipe)
- 1 tsp Sweet Paprika not smoked
- 1 tsp dry Coriander ground
- 1 ½ tsp
- 1 tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- Turn on the oven, air circulation 190° C, rack set at the middle.
- Cut the ends of the okra pods, not too deep as you want to protect their flesh, wash well, rinse and pour couple of tbsp of white vinegar. Toss well and keep aside for 30’ to dry.
- Place a medium pot on medium heat and pour the vegetable stock along with 750ml of water and the rice. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer as per package instructions. Remove from the fire and drain any liquid left. Keep aside uncovered so as excess humidity is evaporated.
- Back to the okra, place the pods in an oven proof dish and pour on them 50ml of the oil. Sprinkle on top the paprika and coriander and season with half the salt and pepper. Mix well, add about 100ml of water and place in the oven to cook for about 30’ and until they soften a bit. Make sure to toss the okra couple of times during the cooking.
- Meanwhile, take a large sauté pan and place on medium heat. Add the remaining 30ml of the oil and heat up for a minute. Add the onions along with the chili paste and flakes and sauté for 4’ to soften. Add the green peppers and sauté for 3’. Add the garlic, ras el hanout spice mixture, season with the remaining salt and pepper and sauté for 1’. Bring to the pan the cooked okra and mix well.
- Take a large bowl and add the rice along with the vegetables and mix well.