Ready made puff pastry is an ideal solution for quick and easy baking of pies when you are stranded at home and can’t visit your local bakery!
I hope you enjoy it!
Here you can find more of my Bake Recipes.
Servings: 4 People
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry , Chrysi Zymi, Sfoliata
- 125g Kefalotyri Cheese , Charalambides Christis, grated
- 60g Feta , Charalambides Christis, grated
- 1 Egg , whisked
- 1 Egg , diluted in 2 tbsp of water as an Egg Wash
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, air circulation, rack in the middle.
- We make the filling by combining the kefalotyri with the feta and the whisked egg. Keep aside.
- Open the pastry sheet on a clean surface and cut each one in half.
- Divide the mixture and place on the cut pastry sheets creating a flat spread of about 5cm width from one end to the other with 1cm margin at left and right.
- Brush with the egg wash the lower part of the cut dough sheet and fold the upper part towards the mixture and then the lower part, pressing gently to seal.
- Take an oven-proof baking sheet and add the pies, brush them with the egg wash and bake for 22-25’ until golden browned. Set aside to cool slightly before serving.