An aromatic yoghurt- curry marinade that tenderises the chicken and diffuses the spice flavours. Simple to make while it delivers big flavours.
Have a look below at the full recipe and don’t forget that you can always print it.
Here you can find more of my Chicken Recipes.
Yoghurt-Curry Marinated Chicken
- 1 Kg Chicken breasts without the skin , cut in 2.5 cm cubes
- Straggato Yoghurt Light , Charalambides Christis
- 2 tbs Curry Powder , medium strength/heat
- 3 Limes , juiced
- 2 Limes , cut in wedges for serving
- 1 tbsp Sumac
- 3 tbsp fresh Parsley , leaves picked and torn
- 5 tbsp EVOO , Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Courgettes , cut in 2.5 cm cubes
- 3 tbsp Rapeseed/Canola Oil
- Wooden skewers , dipped into water to avoid burn
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- Take a large glass bowl and add the yoghurt along with curry powder, lime juice from 2 ½ limes, 3 tbsp of oil, the salt and pepper. Mix well and add the chicken cubes making sure that they are all covered with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Next day place the chicken cubes on skewers, discarding most of the marinade, alternating between the cherry tomatoes and the courgettes.
- In the meantime, turn on the oven, grill/broiler on and set the rack to the upper middle position, 225°C
- Take an oven proof dish lined with a grill and brush the grills with the rapeseed oil. Add the skewers on the grill and place in the oven, cook for about 20’ and turning the skewers every 5-6’.
- Serve in a plate filled with pitta bread and sprinkle the sumac all-over and the parsley. Drizzle the remaining olive oil and squeeze half a lime on top while adding the lime wedges on the side of the plate.