Easy ones not because one would use canned chickpeas, but instead of the cooking method (pressure cooker) where all ingredients are mixed and added to the cooker, and half an hour later you get the most flavourful ‘stewed’ chickpeas.
Have a look below at the full recipe and don’t forget that you can always print it.
Here you can find more of my Chickpeas Recipes.
- 500 g Dry Chickpeas
- 5 large Tomatoes , grated
- 2 medium Yellow Onions , finely chopped
- 2 medium Carrots , sliced to small dices
- 1 tbsp dry Coriander , ground
- 1 tsp Bay Leaves , ground
- ½ tsp All-Spice , ground
- 1 tsp Sweet Paprika , not smoked
- 30 ml Lemon juice
- 60 ml EVOO , Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- From previous night soak the Chickpeas in water, the water to be at least 4 cm above the chickpeas as the chickpeas increase their volume quite rapidly. Add more water if needed.
- Next day rinse the water of the chickpeas and add them into a pressure cooker along with all the above ingredients. Top up with water making sure everything is fully submerged and for the level of the water to be 1-2 cm above the ingredients.
- Tightly close the pressure cooker, place on high fire. When it starts steaming, reduce the heat to low and cook for 35’.