The traditional Cypriot rice recipe to serve with meat, poultry and vegetable stewed dishes.
I hope you enjoy it!
Here you can find more of my Rice Recipes.
Servings: 5 People
- 300g Rice , Uncle Bens 10’ will do just fine!
- 100g Vermicelli pasta , cracked in small pieces
- 3 tbsp EVOO , Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 750ml Chicken Broth , warm
- 1 small Yellow Onion , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dry Coriander , ground
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- Add the oil in a medium pot or casserole over medium heat and wait to heat up for 1-2’. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, 3-4’. Add the vermicelli pasta and sauté for a minute or so.
- Add the rice and make sure is well coated with the oil, add the coriander, pour the broth and season with the salt and pepper. Cover the pot with its lid, increase the heat, bring to a boil and simmer for 10’ making sure that the liquid is not completely absorbed. If so, add a bit more.
- Turn off the heat, open the lid, cover the pot with a towel, place back the lid and let stand for about 5’ minutes to concentrate all the liquids into the rice.