Sweet Potato Purée with Mediterranean Chimichurri[featured-images]
Roasting the sweet potatoes along with some oil and salt not only softens them but also accetuates their flavour. The topping of the ‘Meditteranean Chimichurri’ provides the freshness that is so much needed in this puree.
Matched well with chicken burgers, veggie patties, grilled meats, as well as sausages.
Sweet Potato Purée with Mediterranean Chimichurri
I hope you enjoy it!
Sweet Potato Puree with Mediterranean Chimichurri
- 3 large Sweet Potatoes , not peeled, halved
- 2 tbsp fresh Coriander , leaves picked and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh Basil , home grown, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 1 Lime Zest
- 1 Lime juice
- 60ml EVOO , extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp freshly cracked Black Pepper
- Turn the oven to 210°C, fan on and grill in the middle.
- Take on oven-proof non-stick dish and add the sweet potatoes. Drizzle half the oil, season with half the salt and half the pepper, toss and line them in the dish skin side up and cook for 25’. Remove from the oven and keep aside to cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the chimichurri by combining in a bowl the rest of the oil, the coriander and basil, as well as the zest and the juice of the lime. Mix well and keep aside.
- Remove the skins of the sweet potatoes and add them in a bowl. Add the remaining salt and pepper and puree until smooth. Place in a serving plate and drizzle all-over them the chimichurri.