An Indian lady offered me some of her home-made Curry paste. She said that ‘It’s the real thing’ and had no reason not to believe her. Well, it was far more realistic than anything else I ever tried and I will try in the future to create a recipe out of it. Instead of a traditional rice side dish serve instead with Bulgur (press Link for recipe) and with some Greek yogurt.
Chicken Curry with Tomatoes
- 1 kg Chicken Breast Fillets , without the skin, cut in 2.5 cm cubes
- ¼ cup fresh Parsley , leaves only
- 3 tablespoons Curry paste
- 2 large Fresh Tomatoes , cut in small cubes
- 1 litre Water
- 2 tablespoons EVOO , (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- In a large pot on high heat add the oil and heat for a minute. Add the chicken and sear for 4-5 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Add the curry paste and the tomatoes, reduce the heat and stir for 2 minutes.
- Increase the heat, put the water in the pot, bring to a boil and then reduce again the heat to simmer for 30-40 minutes until water has almost reduced and you have a nice saucy liquid.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with the parsley.