The chorizo gives this dish a nice depth with the paprika coming our strongly with a bit of heat kick! The stored Tomato Pasta sauce proved once gain very handy.
Chorizo Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce
Servings: 4 People
- 500 grs Spaghetti
- 250 ml Tomato Pasta Sauce , press Link for recipe
- 200 grs Medium heat Chorizo sausage , cut to 2 mm thickness
- 50 grs Parmesan cheese
- 50 litres Water
- 3 tablespoons EVOO , (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Sea Salt
- In a Large pot or saucepan bring water to a boil on high heat adding a generous amount of salt. Add the pasta, stirring occasionally so as not to stick and cook according to suggested time on the box of the pasta less 2 minutes. Reserve ½ cup of cooking water.
- In the meantime, in a large and deep saucepan over medium heat pour 1 tablespoon of oil and toss in the chorizo sautéing until they get some colour. Reduce the heat to low, add the Tomato Pasta Sauce and keep warm.
- Strain the pasta and return to the saucepan with the sauce and the chorizos. On low heat stir for a minute so as the pasta absorbs the sauce. Add from the reserved water if consistency is on the thick side.
- Toss for an extra minute and serve in a deep dish, drizzle the remaining oil, add some Parmesan cheese and serve.