A perfect meal while enjoying a day at the pool, refreshing and light. Can be made a day ahead to incorporate the flavours as much as possible.
Flavoured with my Tomato Oil.
Tricolore Pasta Salad
I hope you enjoy it!
Find out more of my Pasta Recipes.
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||12 Minutes|
- 500g Tricolere Penne Pasta
- 175ml Tomato Oil , (find recipe in ‘Dressings’ section)
- 100g Sweet Corn , caramelized in butter
- 50g Pine nuts , roasted in a pan
- 70g Black or Green Olives , pitted and sliced
- 20 Cherry Tomatoes , ripened, cut in quarters
- 2 medium Cucumbers , not peeled, halved lengthwise and then quartered lengthwise and sliced 2-3 mm
- 150g Greek Gruyere , cut in small cubes 5-6 mm (or mozzarella pearls/balls halved, or small-diced fresh mozzarella)
- 20 basil leaves , chiffonade, plus some small ones for garnish
- 50g Parmigiano Reggiano , shaved and added as a garnish, plus more for individual servings
- 4 litres Water
- In a large pot bring water to a boil on high heat adding a generous amount of salt. Add the pasta, stirring occasionally so as not to stick and cook according to suggested time on the box of the pasta less 1 ½ minutes. Reserve ½ cup of cooking water.
- Strain the pasta and return to the pot, pour 150 ml of the tomato oil and toss well. Then add all the remaining ingredients except of the Parmigiano Reggiano and the small basil leaves. Gently toss and refrigerate if not using immediately. Actually, the flavors will really come together if refrigerated for few hours or even overnight.
- Serve in a deep dish, add the shaved Parmigiano Reggiano and the small basil leaves and drizzle the remaining tomato oil.
Share this Recipe