A perfect side dish for curries and Tikka Masala. Not heavy on spices as it relies to the freshness of the herbs and the scallions to produce the additional aroma.
Herbed Jasmin Rice
I hope you enjoy it!
For more of my Rice recipes check here.
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||15 Minutes|
|Passive Time||10 Minutes|
- 500 gr Jasmin Rice
- 500 ml warm water.
- 500 ml Chicken Broth , bouillon
- 5 Scallions , finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh Mint , home grown, leaves picked and chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons fresh Thyme , home grown, leaves picked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves roasted Garlic , finely minced
- 1 Lemon , zested
- 2 tablespoons raw almonds , shaved and toasted
- 1½ teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked Black Pepper
- Under cold running water wash the rice until the starch is gone (water no more milky).
- Place a medium size pot and on medium heat, pour the oil and add the rice along with the garlic. Saute for 2 minutes, add the water, chicken broth and salt, give it a good stir and bring to a boil. Turn the heat to low and cover with the pot lid to steam for 15 minutes and until the water has evaporated and absorbed.
- Turn off the heat and leave aside to rest with the pot still covered and with a kitchen towel in between for 10 minutes.
- Use a non-metallic fork to fluff the rice, add the scallions, mint, thyme and lemon zest along with the cracked pepper and mix well. Serve and garnish with the toasted almonds.
Share this Recipe