So easy to make this cool and filling summer soup, packed with flavour. So tasty thanks not only to the vegetables but also to the spices, milk and yoghurt used.
I hope you enjoy it!
Here you can find more of my Soup Recipes.
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||25 Minutes|
- 6 Carrots , peeled and grated
- 200g Red Lentils
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Bouillon , diluted into 1200ml warm water
- 175ml Fresh Milk , Charalambides Christis Full Fat
- 200ml Straggato Yoghurt , 0%, Charalambides Christis
- 30ml EVOO , Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Hot Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Fennel Seeds , toasted to release their aroma and lightly grinded
- 2 tbsp fresh Coriander , leaves picked
- 1 tsp Sumac
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- Country Style Bread , sliced and toasted for serving
- Take a medium to large pot or casserole and place on high heat. Add into it the vegetable broth, milk, carrots, lentils, olive oil and 1 tsp pf the toasted fennel seeds. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20’ and until lentils have softened a bit.
- Add the remaining fennel seeds, the paprika and season with the salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and use a hand-held blender to process until silky creamy. Allow to cool while refrigerating for 30'
- Serve to individual bowl while adding a scoop of the yoghurt. Sprinkle with the Sumac, garnish with a couple of coriander seeds and place a slice of bread on the side.
Share this Recipe