If you are too lazy to light the charcoal grill, then this is for you. No worries, you are just missing a bit of that smoky flavour coming from the charcoal but, trust me, if your calamari are really fresh then a bit of olive oil and lemon juice will do the work.
Please don’t forget the oregano as your ‘Aegean’ trip won’t be complete.
I hope you enjoy it!
Check more of my Fish Recipes here.
|Prep Time||5 Minutes|
|Cook Time||10 Minutes|
- We begin making the sauce by adding the oil, lemon, salt and pepper in a glass jar and shaking it for mixing well. Keep aside.
- Turn the oven on at max, 250°C, with the broiler/grill elements on and place a tray in the upper part of the oven.
- Take an oven proof tray and place the calamari in it. Use a brush and generously brush the sauce on both sides of each of the calamari.
- Place in the oven and cook for 4’-5’ each side and until a nice golden colour has been achieved. Be careful not to overcook as the Calamari will get tough.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board cutting the body of the calamari in 1 cm thickness rings and cutting their heads in half. Place the cut calamari in a serving plate without loosing the whole appearance of the calamari, sprinkle the oregano and the parsley and drizzle some oil all-over.
- Best served next to an authentic Greek salad and with a loaf of bread to dip into the juices of the dish.