I call it Umami Quinoa Salad because the Umami taste is created with the dressing used. It contains Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and Worcestershire sauce, Anchovies and Tonkatsu sauce.
Two more Umami ingredients are in the salad itself, the sun-dried tomatoes and the mushrooms.
Umami Quinoa Salad
I hope you enjoy it!
Here you are more Recipes with Quinoa.
|Prep Time||30 Minutes|
|Cook Time||25 Minutes|
- 200 gr white Quinoa , thoroughly washed
- 200 gr red Quinoa , thoroughly washed
- 1 head Broccoli , cut in small florets
- 500 gr Portobello Mushrooms , small with stems, thickly sliced
- 2 Bell Peppers , 1 yellow & 1 orange seeded, and ribs removed, cut in small ½ cm cubes,
- 10 Sun-dried Tomatoes , chopped in small ½ cm cubes
- 1 large Carrot , lengthwise halved, quartered and sliced
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Bouillon , Organic in powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
For the Salad:
- In a medium pot bring water to a boil then add the broccoli and carrots and simmer for 2 minutes. You want your vegetables crunchy. With a slotted spoon take out of the water in a bowl filled with water and ice to stop cooking, saving the boiled water. Keep aside.
- Wash thoroughly the quinoa under cold running water. In the same pot of the broccoli add the vegetable bouillon and the quinoa and bring the water back to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Ready when it changes texture. Don’t overcook them, you want them a bit crunchy. Take out of the pot in a fine sieve and place under water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- In a large rectangular non-stick oven proof dish add the mushrooms and peppers, drizzle with the olive oil and season with 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper and toss. Turn the oven on to max, broiler/grill on, and place the dish to the top position. Broil for 3 minutes, toss and broil for 3 minutes more. Remove from the oven and keep aside.
- Prepare the Umami dressing by adding all the ingredients (except the EVOO, Salt & Pepper) in a medium bowl and mix. Slowly drizzle the oil while whisking until the dressing has well emulsified. Season with the salt & pepper.
- Add to a serving bowl the quinoa, broccoli, carrots, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms and the bell peppers, pour the Umami dressing and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper.