Refreshing for any meat or poultry dish while adding a second layer of multiple flavours through not only the fruits but also from the lime and pepper.
You can easily substitute either the mango or the papaya with pineapple, in which case slightly reduce the content of lime.
Tropical fruit Salsa
I hope you enjoy it!
Here you can find more of my sauces.
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
- 1 cup Mango , ripe, peeled and very finely diced
- 1 big red Bell Pepper , seeded and very finely diced
- 1 cup Papaya , ripe, peeled and very finely diced
- ¼ cup fresh Cilantro , leaves picked and chopped
- 1½ tbsp light Brown Sugar
- 30ml Lime juice
- 1 Lime Zest
- 1 tsp toasted Sesame Oil
- 1½ tsp Fish sauce , or red wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sweet Chilli Sauce , optional, like Sriracha
- 1 Jalapeno. Seeded and very finely chopped
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- Add the into a glass bowl the sugar, lime juice, sesame oil, fish sauce, chilli sauce and salt. Mix well for the sugar to be diluted.
- In the serving bowl dd the remaining ingredients, except of the cilantro, pour the above dressing and toss. Add the cilantro and toss gently. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour for the flavours to come together
Optionally include 1 tbsp of finely minced Ginger