Inspired by street-food from LA, twisting them with local flavours while retaining their original flavours.
Tacos with Yoghurt Sauce
I hope you enjoy it!6
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||15 Minutes|
- 200g Straggato Yoghurt Authentic , Charalambides Christis
- 750g Minced Meat , Beef
- 6 Multigrain Tortillas
- 400g Santorini Cherry Tomatoes , canned
- 20ml Lime juice
- 2 Cucumbers , thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp EVOO , Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- We start with the Yoghurt sauce by adding into a bowl the yoghurt along with the lime juice, the paprika, 1 tbsp of oil, ¼ tsp of the salt and ¼ tsp of the pepper. Mix well and refrigerate.
- Take a medium-large frying pan and place on medium-high heat. Pour the remaining 1 tbsp of oil and allow to heat up for a minute. Add the minced beef and smash it with a wooden spoon, until all the meat has been sautéed and a nicely browned, about 7’
- Then add the cherry tomatoes along with the taco seasoning, season with the remaining salt and pepper and cook for further 10’ while stirring occasionally. You don’t want the tomatoes to melt but instead to remain a bit chunky.
- In the meantime, turn on the oven to max temperature, broiler/grill on. Add in batches the tortillas in a flat dish and broil for a minute or so until nicely toasted, flip and toast on the other side. Repeat for the remaining tortillas.
- To build the tacos, lay on a flat surface a tortilla and spread evenly a tbsp or so of the yoghurt sauce. Add 2-3 tbsp of the cooked minced beef, 4 slices of the cucumber and a bit more of the yoghurt sauce. Fold the Tacos and pierce with a large wooden toothpick to keep folded.
Share this Recipe