Don’t be fooled, this isn’t any risotto but instead a very hearty Greek dish! It’s a Pilaf Spanakorizo, made of rice and spinach, equally nice when eaten warm or cold!
I hope you enjoy it!
Here you can find more of my Rice Recipes.
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||20 Minutes|
|Passive Time||10 Minutes|
- 100 ml EVOO , (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 kg Spinach , cleaned well
- 1 bunch fresh Scallions , white and green parts, finely chopped
- 1 Leek , optional, finely chopped
- 1 cup Rice , Carolina type
- 1 ½ cup Water
- 1 cup fresh Parsley , roughly chopped
- 1 large Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- Put a medium to large pot over medium fire and heat half of the olive oil. Sauté the scallions and leek, if used, for 3-4 minutes until they become translucent.
- Cut the spinach in large pieces and add it to the saucepan. We continue sautéing for 2-3 minutes on high heat to drop its volume.
- When we see the spinach wilting, add the rice and stir for the oil to get well all over it. Add the water (spinach and vegetables will drop enough liquid).
- Add salt and pepper, bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover with the lid and simmer for 16-18 minutes.
- Add the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with the finely chopped dill/parsley. Stir lemon, and mix. Cover the saucepan with a towel and let stand for 10 minutes to concentrate all the liquids into the rice.
Share this Recipe