Just can’t get enough of these super delicious wild asparagus, agrelia, and thought Why Not doing a risotto with them, a Risotto with Agrelia!
Really wonderful in their own characteristic bitterness supplementing well with the risotto’s starchiness and the sharpness of Reggiano Parmigiano.
Risotto with Agrelia
Have a look below at the full recipe. Don’t forget, you can always print it.
I hope you enjoy it!
Here you can find more of my Risotto Recipes.
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||30 Minutes|
- 500 gr Rice , rich in starch such as Arborio or Carnaroli
- 2 bunches wild asparagus , Agrelia
- 1 medium white Onion , finely diced
- 150 ml dry White Wine
- 1700 ml Chicken Stock , warm
- 30 ml Lemon juice
- 40 gr Unsalted Butter , chilled and cut in small cubes
- 4 tablespoons EVOO , Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 120 gr Parmigiano Reggiano , grated
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- We begin with the Agrelia by snapping their ends, about 2/3 to the end of each one. Wash and let dry.
- Put a large sauce pan on medium heat and when hot drizzle 2 tablespoons of the oil. After a minute add the agrelia and toss frequently for about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat and keep the lid of the pan on so as to help soften them. Add the lemon juice and stir for another minute. Remove from fire and when cold enough to handle cut them in 2 cm pieces. Keep aside.
- Lightly wipe the pan that was previously used and put on medium heat. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of the oil and a minute later add the onions. Sauté for few minutes until translucent and then add the rice stirring to get well coated with the oil. Toss for a minute and then deglaze with the wine.
- Allow the wine to reduce by half and the alcohol to be evaporated and then start adding two ladles at a time of the chicken stock, simmer and stir. Continue the same procedure until the rice is cooked to al-dente.
- Just before the last ladle and when the rice has some bite in the centre, add the agrelia. Add the last ladle of the chicken stock and stir. Allow to reduce, you want a creamy but not runny risotto, add the butter and 60 gr of the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Season with the salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Serve the risotto in a flat dish and sprinkle the remaining Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.