Super moist because of both the courgettes as well as the apple juice. Cooked in the oven with the broiler on creating a nice char.
Pork Burgers with Courgettes
I hope you enjoy it!
Here you can find more of my Burgers related Recipes.
|Prep Time||30 Minutes|
|Cook Time||20 Minutes|
|Passive Time||1-12 Hours|
- 1.2kg Pork Meat , double minced, shoulder/butt, 20% fat
- 120g Breadcrumbs
- 1 medium Yellow Onion , finely minced
- 3 Eggs
- 1½ tbsp Dijon Mustard , find recipe in ‘Sauces’ section
- 3 tbsp EVOO , extra virgin olive oil, plus more for the oven pan
- 1½ tsp Sweet Hungarian Paprika
- 1 tbsp dry Mint , ground
- 1 tbsp Sumac
- 3 medium Courgettes , grated with a box grater
- 135ml Apple juice
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- In a large bowl add the breadcrumbs along with the minced onions, oil, mustard, paprika, courgettes, eggs, mint, sumac, salt and pepper and pour over them the apple juice. Mix thoroughly and then add the minced pork meat, combine well, cover with plastic film and refrigerate for an hour or even overnight.
- Next day, or an hour later, turn the oven on with the air circulation on, element and grill on, to 190° C and place a grill in the lower middle of the oven.
- In the meantime, take the mixture from the refrigerator and while cold form into golf size balls, then press into patties and place on an oven proof dish lined with parchment paper that was lightly brushed with oil. Brush some more oil on the top of the burgers and cook for 12’. Flip on the other side and cook for 7’ more. You want a golden colour for your burgers, and the inside cooked but juicy too!
- Serve with the red pepper puree along with couscous and pumpkin purée.
Share this Recipe