A good pizza sauce is easy to make. Just a lot of Goodness; Good tomatoes, Good olive Oil, Good Oregano.
Simplicity can sometimes create amazing things. The base for great pizzas as the less cooked the tomato is, the more flavor it has of itself.
It’s a sauce that can be made well ahead and stored for up to a week in the refrigerator or stored in smaller containers in the freezer and use whenever needed, even as a part of a pasta sauce.
Triple the quantity for storing.
Pizza Sauce, uncooked
I hope you enjoy it!
Here you can find more of my recipes relating to Pizzas.
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
- 2 tbsp EVOO , extra virgin olive oil
- 1kg Whole Tomatoes , plum type (preferably San Marzano) canned, drained to about 650-700g, water reserved
- 100g tomato paste , don’t use too much so as to retain the nice red colour of the tomatoes
- 1 clove Garlic , minced through a garlic presser tool
- 1 tbsp Dry Oregano
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- Place the tomatoes in a sieve and let them drain while saving their liquid.
- Take the drained tomatoes and add them to a high-speed blender with the metal blade on. Add the tomato paste, garlic, oil, oregano, salt and pepper and pulse 4-5 times.
- If the sauce is too thick then add some of the reserved tomatoes liquid and thin out.