Irresistible, tasty and satisfying! Typical Cypriot food loved by so many.
Kolokasi with Pork
I hope you enjoy it!
Here you can find more of my Pork recipes.
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||80 Minutes|
- 1½kg Kolokasi , Taro, about 3 bulbs
- 1kg Pork Meat , shoulder, cut in 4 cm cubes
- 6 stalks Celery , sliced
- 1 Yellow Onion , finely chopped
- 400ml Tomato Pulp , canned, with its juices
- 1½ tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp dry Coriander , ground
- 60ml EVOO , Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 500ml Water , warm
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- Without washing them, hold the kolokasi with kitchen paper and peel it without washing it, just wipe it.
- Use a sharp and strong knife to cut the kolokasi in chunks of 3-4 cm. Actually, you don’t cut it nut instead place the knife in the side of the bulb and twisting it to crack/snap it into chunks.
- Place a large pot or casserole on high heat and pour the oil. Add the kolokasi and sauté all sides of it until slightly golden coloured. Remove from the pot and keep aside.
- In the same pot add the meat and sauté all sides of the meat as well. When you are about to flip them to their other side, add the onions, tossing for about 3’.
- Pour the water along with the tomatoes and paste, the kolokasi, the celery and the coriander, and season with the salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hours with the lid on. Every 20’ give it a gentle stir making sure it doesn’t dry and if necessary, add more water. When almost ready to remove from the heat add the pepper and stir gently.
Share this Recipe