The rich flavour of the Salmon – do try to use a wild one as the taste is unforgiving- along with the bright and citrusy flavours of lemon juice, lemon zest and chives gives the Farfalle with Wild Salmon & Vodka pasta dish a multi-level flavour effect.
In addition, spring onions, vodka and the light fresh cream is a sauce combination that is difficult to beat.
Farfalle with Wild Salmon & Vodka
Have a look below at the full recipe. Don’t forget, you can always print it.
I hope you enjoy it!
Here you can find more of my Pasta recipes.
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||20 Minutes|
- 500 gr Farfalle pasta
- 500 gr Wild Salmon fillet , skinned
- 200 gr Fresh Cream
- 2 Spring Onions , white parts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Chives, finely chopped
- 50 ml Vodka , at room temperature
- 1 Lemon , zested
- 40 ml Lemon juice
- 35 gr Parmigiano Reggiano
- 5 litres Water
- 2 tablespoons EVOO , Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- Start by cutting the salmon in small cubes of 1 -1.5 cm. Place a large and deep saucepan over medium heat pour 1 tablespoon of the oil and add the salmon, cooking for 2 minutes while tossing frequently. Season with the salt and pepper and remove from the pan. Keep aside.
- In a large pot bring water to a boil on high heat adding a generous amount of salt. Add the pasta, stirring occasionally so as not to stick and cook according to suggested time on the box of the pasta less 2 minutes. Reserve ½ cup of cooking water.
- In the meantime, in the same pan that the salmon was cooked add the remaining oil over medium heat and heat-up for a minute. Toss in the spring onions sautéing until they get soft, 2-3 minutes. Return the salmon to the pan and deglaze with the vodka, while allowing for its alcohol to evaporate.
- Strain the pasta, add the fresh cream to the pan with the salmon, stir to incorporate and softly smash the salmon cubes with the back of a spoon/spatula. Return the pasta to the pan over low heat, add the lemon juice and zest, stir for a minute so as the pasta absorbs the sauce and add from the reserved water if consistency is on the thick side.
- Serve in a flat dish, sprinkle with the chives, add the Parmesan cheese and serve.