Homemade English Mustard is delicious. It has a wonderfully pungent flavor and tastes perfect with meats.
I hope you enjoy it!
Here you can find more of my Recipes of Sauces.
- 2 Yellow Onion , finely diced
- 200ml White wine
- 600ml White Vinegar
- 4 cloves Garlic , minced through a garlic presser tool
- 2 tsp Black Peppercorns , whole
- 2 tbsp fresh Rosemary , home grown and chopped
- 24 tbsp Yellow Mustard Seeds , crushed or grinded
- ¾ tbsp Turmeric
- 3 tbsp Wheat Flour
- 2 tbsp Habanero Paprika , optional for extra heat
- 1½ tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 600ml Water
- Set a medium saucepan or pot over high heat and add the onions, wine, vinegar, garlic, peppercorns, rosemary and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer with the lid for 20’ while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from fire and pass through a sieve into a glass bowl while throwing away the remaining solids.
- Add into the bowl the crushed or grinded mustard seeds and stir. Cover with plastic wrap and leave for 24 hours at room temperature.
- Next day add the mixture into a blender or fast-speed food processor with the blade on. Add the turmeric, wheat flour, the optional paprika, sugar and add as much water as needed to achieve a consistence similar to a baby cream.
- Pour the blended mixture into a medium saucepan and over medium heat bring to a boil and simmer for 5’.
- Remove from fire and add the mustard into glass jars of about 200 ml.
Share this Recipe