Chickpeas with Gammon, just another way of using previous nights leftovers. Tasty Gammon with hearty chickpeas.
Chickpeas with Gammon
I hope you enjoy it!
Here you can find more recipes with chickpeas.
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||45 Minutes|
- 200 gr Dehydrated Chickpeas
- 300 gr Gammon , sliced and cubed
- 12 Kalamata Olives , pitted and chopped
- 8 sundried Tomatoes , chopped
- 100 gr Feta Cheese , chopped
- 4 tablespoons EVOO , Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Lemon , Juiced
- 1 teaspoon dry Thyme, ground
- 1 teaspoon dry Cumin, ground
- 1 ½ teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- From previous night soak the Chickpeas in water.
- In a medium pot add the Chickpeas and bring the water that Chickpeas were hydrating overnight, plus more water to be 5-6 cm above Chickpeas, to a boil. Reduce the heat simmer for about 45 minutes with lid almost covering the pot. You want your Chickpeas soft but not overcooked. Avoid cleaning the foam created in the water. Strain and set aside.
- In a small bowl pour the oil and the vinegar, add the mustard, thyme, cumin salt and pepper and whisk.
- In a serving bowl add the chickpeas, the gammon, olives, sundried tomatoes and pour the vinaigrette. Toss to combine.
- Finally add the Feta cheese and lightly toss.
Share this Recipe