Tortilla wraps on the table which means ingredients like guacamole, sour cream and seared peppers come to the picture.
Don’t worry if you can’t make your own flour tortillas as the supermarket’s ones are not bad.
I hope you enjoy it!
Here you can find more of my Chicken Recipes.
|Prep Time||25 Minutes|
|Cook Time||25 Minutes|
- 4 Chicken Fillets , cut in thin strips
- 4 Yellow Onions , sliced in thin wedges
- 5 Bell Peppers , stemmed, seeded and ribs removed, halved and then sliced into thin strips
- Guacamole , see separate recipe in the ‘Dips’ section
- 150ml Sour cream
- 10 Flour Tortillas
- Tomatillo salsa , optional, (see separate recipe in the auces’ section)
- 8 tbsp EVOO , extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Dry Oregano
- 2 tbsp Garlic based Taco Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Red Pepper Taco Seasoning
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- Set a large cast iron skillet or pan over high heat and let it heat up for 2 minutes until smoking. Add a 2 tbsp of oil to the pan and let this heat up for 1 minute. Add the chicken strips, frying on each side for 3-4’ while seasoning with half of the salt/pepper as well as the red pepper taco seasoning. Do this in 2 batches.
- Remove from the fire and cover with wrap foil.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan on high heat for 1’e. Add the onions and let sizzle, tossing not too often so that they get a nice sear. Cook for about 3’ and then add the pepper. Continue sauteing them for about 8’ while seasoning them with the smoked paprika, the garlic taco season and with salt and pepper as well as the oregano
- Serve them in tortillas, first applying the guacamole, then the chicken strips followed with the peppers and onions and topped with the sour cream and the optional tomatillo salsa.