This was a big bowl of Chicken Egg Noddles that a friend asked me to make for their lunch party.
Once again, the sauce used is what I call ‘Frixos Chinese Sauce’, created over the years with a slight twist, that of using lemon juice instead of Lime, adding some hoisin sauce to it as well as some honey.
Chicken Egg Noddles
I hope you enjoy it!
For more recipes with Noodles click Here.
|Prep Time||40 Minutes|
|Cook Time||35 Minutes|
- 500 gr Egg Noodles , medium thickness
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1 ½ inch fresh Ginger , grated from frozen
- 5 small Carrots , julienned
- 2 cloves Garlic , finely minced
- 3 tablespoons Coriander , leaves picked
- 2 big Bell Peppers , Red and Yellow, seeded and julienned
- ½ fresh Broccoli , stemmed trimmed and cut in small florets
- 500 gr Portobello Mushrooms , sliced in 3 mm thickness
- 2 thin fresh Scallions , diagonally thinly sliced, green parts included
- 2 teaspoons Sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 Litres Water
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 4 tablespoons Seed Oil , like Canola or Rapeseed
For the Noodles:
- Mix well all sauce ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour for the flavours to come together.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C, air circulation, rack in the middle.
- In a large non-stick oven proof dish add the chicken breasts and drizzle with the olive oil. Cook for 25 minutes, tossing the chicken halfway through. Remove from the oven and let cool. Place the chicken breasts on a carving board and slice thinly. Keep aside.
- In a medium pot on high heat bring water to boil, add the salt and cook the noodles al-dente with time guidance from the package instructions. Immediately strain the noodles and rinse them under cold running water. To prevent sticking, toss them with 2 teaspoons of sesame oil. Keep aside.
- Put your wok on high heat, add 2 tablespoons of the seed oil and let it come to smoking heat. Add the mushrooms and cook while tossing until they get a nice charred colour. Add 2 tablespoons of the sauce and cook for a further minute. Remove from fire and keep aside.
- In the same wok add the rest of the seed oil and again let it come to smoking heat. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for a minute until fragrant. Add the carrots and broccoli and stir-fry for 2 minutes aiming for the vegetables to slightly soften. Add 4 tablespoons of the sauce and cook for a further minute.
- Next add the mushrooms and chicken and stir to get well coated with the sauce, adding more if required.
- In quick movements add the noodles to the wok along with the remaining sauce and 2 tablespoons of the coriander, stir well to combine well and stir-fry for 2 minutes and serve. Garnish with the remaining 1 tablespoon of coriander and the scallions.