A creamy and glossy sauce, partly thanks to the butter, with the addition of our fantastic dessert wine from Cyprus, Commandaria, that cuts the richness of the sauce and supplements its flavour.
Goes well with a puree of sweet potatoes and roasted vegetables. Who needs Chicken Marsala?
I hope you enjoy it!
Here you can find more of my Chicken Recipes.
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||25 Minutes|
- 4 Chicken Fillets , without the skin, halved to total of 8 cutlets
- 250g small Portobello Mushrooms , thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 6 Thyme Sprigs
- 120ml Commandaria Dessert Wine
- 240ml Vegetable broth
- 25g Butter , unsalted
- 3 tbsp EVOO , extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp freshly cracked Black Pepper
- Take a large sauté pan and place it on medium heat. A minute later add 1 tbsp of oil and when it heats up add 4 of the cutlets. Season with salt and pepper, place the lid of the pan and cook for about 5 minutes per side. Remove from fire to a dish and cover to keep warm and repeat for the remaining cutlets.
- In the same pan on high heat add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil and a minute later add the mushrooms and the thyme. Toss and sauté for about 6 minutes until browned. Add the flour and stir for a minute. Then add the broth and the Commandaria and simmer until reduced to 2/3 and to thicken a bit, for about 2 minutes
- Turn off the heat and add the butter to melt, then add the chicken cutlets and toss to get well coated.