These super-flavoured burgers get a boost in flavour with the Feta sauce that not only is tangy from the use of Feta but also lemony as the juice and zest of a lemon have been used.
Furthermore, the sauce is quite creamy thanks to the strained yoghurt used.
The choice of the oven for the burgers to be cooked is something I wouldn’t change as the burgers are light without excess fat/oil and the high temperature used in the cooking provides a nice sear/char on the outside and a juice meat inside.
Chicken Burgers with Feta Sauce
I hope you enjoy it!
Here you can find more of my Chicken recipes.
|Prep Time||30 Minutes|
|Cook Time||20 Minutes|
|Passive Time||1 Hour|
- 1 kg Minced Chicken , fillets
- 100 gr dry fine Breadcrumbs
- 1 medium White Onion , finely chopped
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil , plus more for the oven pan
- 1½ teaspoons Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 1½ teaspoons Sumac
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon dry Mint , ground
- ½ cup fresh Parsley , leaves picked and finely chopped
- 125 ml White wine
- 1½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
For the Burgers:
- We begin making the sauce by adding all the ingredients in a blender, mixing well but not as a fine cream. Keep refrigerated.
- In a large bowl add the breadcrumbs along with the onion, oil, mustard, sumac, turmeric, paprika, parsley, eggs, mint, salt and pepper and pour over them the wine. Mix thoroughly and then add the minced chicken meat, combine well, cover with plastic film and refrigerate for an hour or even overnight.
- Next day, or an hour later, turn the oven with the upper and down elements on and the air on as well, not the grill, to 200° Celsius and place a grill in the middle of the oven.
- In the meantime, take the mixture from the refrigerator and while cold form into golf size balls, slightly pressed and placed on a lightly oiled oven proof dish. Brush all over them some olive oil, cover with aluminium foil and cook for 13 minutes. Flip on the other side and cook for 7 minutes more. You want a golden colour for your burgers, and the inside cooked but juicy too!
- Serve with the feta sauce along with either quinoa or French fries and seasonal green salad.