Otherwise known as tourlou-tourlou, or Ratatouille in the rest of the world.
Summer veggies is what is all about and what you are using is what you have.
Care should be taken to the size of the veggies, aiming to cook them and at the same time to keep them from falling apart.
Other from the ones used in this recipe, you could also add string beans, celery, leeks, broad beans, artichokes etc.
While usually cooked in casserole, I personally like the oven method. You could also add fresh herbs like thyme and oregano, but I prefer to maintain the natural flavor of the veggies.
I hope you enjoy it!
Here you can find more of my Recipes with Veggies.
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||105 Minutes|
- 2 Yellow Onions , peeled and quartered
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes , whole
- 1 400ml Diced Tomatoes , canned
- 4 small Aubergines , halved and cut into 3-4cm chunks
- 2 large Courgettes , cut into 1cm rings
- 2 Beetroots , halved and cut into wedges
- 2 large Scallions , chopped into 1cm pieces
- 3 Bell Peppers , try to use a variety of colors, sliced into rings of ¾ cm
- 3-4 Chili Peppers , medium heat, chopped thinly
- ½ head Cauliflower , cut into large florets
- 2 medium-large Potatoes , washed well but not peeled, cut into ½ cm rings
- 3 tbsp Parsley , leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic , minced through a garlic presser tool
- 1 tsp Szechuan Peppercorns , whole, optional for a very interesting and not hot flavor
- 100ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 200ml White wine
- 1½ tsp Sugar
- 1½ tsp Salt
- Take a large oven proof dish and add the onions, cherry tomatoes, aubergines, courgettes, beetroots, scallions, peppers, cauliflower, potatoes, garlic, peppercorns, sugar and diced tomatoes. Mix well, pour the wine and olive oil season with the salt.
- Place in a preheated oven at 180°C and cook for 1 hour and 45’. At the end of the hour mix once again and continue cooking while mixing every 15’.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with the parsley and allow for the flavours to come together.
- Serve with crusty bread along with wither rice or bulgur.