There are endless ways of eating Halloumi and this one pairs well the salty halloumi with the sweet honey infused with aromatic oregano.
See how simple it is to create this great-tasting dish below and don’t forget that you can always print it.
Here you can find more of my Recipes with Halloumi.
- 2 Charalambides Christis Halloumi , halved
- 100 g Honey
- 1 tbsp Fresh Oregano , finely chopped
- ½ cup Semolina
- 1 Egg , beaten
- 30 ml EVOO , Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 30 ml Rapeseed Oil
- 1 tsp Sweet Chili Flakes
- Use a bowl where you have added the semolina. Add into another bowl the beaten egg with 2 tbsp of water and mix well. Place the cut halloumi into the egg mixture and then dredge into the bowl with the semolina so they have a crust all-over them.
- In the meantime, place a medium non-stick pan on medium heat. A minute later pour the oils and allow to heat up. Add the halloumi into the pan, making sure that you shake off any excess semolina.
- Shallow fry both sides, flipping just ones, until golden brown.
- At the same time, place a small pot on low heat and add the honey along with the oregano. Just warm it and keep aside.
- Place the halloumi in a plate, drizzle with the honey and sprinkle the chili flakes on top.