Food Recipes, Veggies
VLITA – AMARANTH GREENS[featured-images]
Simply boiled and served with lemon, vinegar and oil.
See how simple it is to create this great-tasting dish below and don’t forget that you can always print it.
Alternatively, you can surf in my Facebook or Instagram pages to explore more mouthwatering recipes. I hope you enjoy it!
Vlita – Amaranth Greens
Servings: 6 People
- 2 Bunches Vlita – Amarinth Greens , well washed
- 30 ml Balsamic vinegar
- 30 ml Lemon Juice
- 4 tbsp EVOO , Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- Start by cutting the big stems and cutting them in 5cm length pieces. Keep aside separate from the leaves.
- Place a large pot or casserole filled with water on high heat. When it heats up add the stems and cook for 5’. Remove and place into a bowl filled with ice cold water to stop the cooking.
- In the same pot add the leaves and allow to soften and wilt. Make sure that they are submerged in the water and cook for 3-4’. Remove from the pot and place into a coriander to drain.
- Serve while pouring the vinegar, lemon juice and oil, while seasoning with the salt and pepper
- Then drop in the cut leaves, toss well, cover with a lid and allow to soften and wilt for 3’. Uncover, pour the balsamic vinegar and toss for a minute more.
- Remove from the heat and place in a bowl to serve.