Carbonara for 6[featured-images]
Difficult to beat the level of satisfaction that this pasta dish provides.
See how simple it is to create this great-tasting dish below and don’t forget that you can always print it.
Here you can find more of my Pasta Recipes.
Carbonara for 6
Servings: 6 People
- 750 g Spaghetti
- 9 Egg Yolks , 5 of them with the white
- 2 tbsp EVOO , Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic , whole and smashed
- 150 g Guanciale , or replace with Pancetta, cut into 4mm strips
- 200 g Pancetta , or normal bacon, cut into 4mm strips
- 130 g Pecorino Cheese , or Parmesan mixed with dry salted Anari cheese plus more for serving, grated
- 4 Litres Water
- ¾ tsp Fine Sea Salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- In a large pot bring water to a boil on high heat adding a generous amount of salt. Add the pasta, stirring occasionally so as not to stick and cook according to suggested time on the box of the pasta less 1½’. Reserve 1 cup of cooking water.
- In the meantime, in a large and deep pan over medium heat pour the olive oil and a minute later toss in the garlic, the guanciale and the pancetta. Cook for about 5’ until golden and crispy. Discard the garlic and remove from the heat. Keep aside in the pan.
- While frying the guanciale and pancetta, take a medium bowl and lightly beat the eggs along with pecorino cheese, the salt and pepper to create a light cream.
- Strain the pasta and return to the saucepan with the guanciale and pancetta, which is set on very low fire and cook for another a minute. Remove from fire, add ½ cup of the reserved pasta water and toss to cool a bit, while stirring add the eggs/cheese mixture, stirring for further 30’’ so as the pasta absorbs the sauce. Add more from the reserved water if required.
- Serve in a deep dish, add some more pecorino cheese and a crack of freshly cracked black pepper.