Lip smacking delicious onion yoghurt dip, just the way to start the party!
See how simple it is to create this great-tasting dish below and don’t forget that you can always print it.
Here you can find more of my Dips.
Onion Yoghurt Dip
- 4 Yellow Onions , large ones, halved/quartered and thinly sliced
- 400 g Straggato Yoghurt 0% Fat Free , Charalambides Christis
- 200 g Sour Cream , Charalambides Christis
- 1 tbsp Fresh Thyme , roughly chopped
- 30 ml Olive Oil
- 80 ml White Wine , dry one
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ tsp Dry Coriander , ground
- ½ tsp Roasted Garlic Paste
- 1 ½ tsp Fine Sea Salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- Place a large pot on medium heat and once hot add the olive oil. Allow to heat up for a minute or so and add the onions. Stir well and cook uncovered for about 12’ while stirring occasionally.
- Add half the salt along with the thyme and coriander and mix well. Place the lid on and cook for about 30’ and until caramelised while stirring every now and then. If they dry out and start burning, then add some of the wine.
- When completely caramelised add the remaining wine and give it a good stir. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Take a serving bowl and add the onions, while keeping some for garnishing, along with the yoghurt, sour cream, garlic paste, Worcestershire sauce and the remaining salt along with the black pepper. Mix well and serve while garnishing with the onions that were kept aside along with cracked RYVITA Thins and raw veggies.