Serve with meats or on top of mashed potatoes or mashed roasted sweet potatoes which can be cooked on the oven unpeeled and then roughly peeled and mashed.
The quantities are for about 5x200ml jars for storing. You can make less accordingly.
Have a look below at the full recipe and don’t forget that you can always print it.
Here you can find more of my Sauces.
Red Chimichurri Sauce
- 12 Spring Onions , roughly chopped
- 6 Red Chillies , medium heat, halved and deseeded as per your heat preferences
- 2 400g Roasted Sweet Peppers , from jars, drained well and oil kept on the side
- 1 ½ cup Fresh Parsley , leaves on their stem, big stems removed
- ¾ cup Fresh Coriander , leaves on their stem, big stems removed
- 1 tbsp dry Coriander , ground
- 2 cloves Roasted Garlic
- 3 tbsp EVOO , extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- Place a frying pan on medium heat and when it heats up pour the oil. Allow to heat up and then add the spring onions along with the red chilies. Season with ½ tsp of salt and sauté until nicely coloured. Remove from the heat.
- Once the onions and chilies have cooled a bit, add them to a high-speed blender along with the roasted garlic, the roasted peppers, the parsley, fresh and dry oregano and the vinegar. Season with the remaining salt and the pepper and blitz until smooth. If consistency is on the thick side, you can add ½ tbsp from the oil that the roasted peppers where reserved in.
- Use immediately as much as you need and the rest to be added in a sterilized airtight glass jars or plastic containers and refrigerate for couple of weeks or freeze for up to 6 months.