Food Recipes, Pleasures, Rice
Wild Rice Red Peppers[featured-images]
A simple ingredient such as the wild rice transformed into flavour-town with those tasty pepper and the complimentary flavours from the spices.
Have a look below at the full recipe and don’t forget that you can always print it.
Alternatively, you can surf in my Facebook or Instagram pages to explore more mouthwatering recipes. I hope you enjoy it!
Here you can find more of my Rice Recipes.
Wild Rice Red Peppers
- 400 g Wild Rice with Basmati
- 6 Long Horn Red Peppers , seeded, halved and sliced
- 30 ml EVOO , Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Caraway Seeds , or Fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp Ras El Hanout spice mix , preferably home-made (check Here for the recipe)
- 1 tbsp dry Coriander , ground
- 8 Scallions , thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- Place a medium pot on medium heat and pour about 1500ml of water and the rice. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer as per package instructions. Remove from the fire and drain any liquid left. Keep aside uncovered so as excess humidity is evaporated.
- Take a large sauté pan and place on medium heat. Add the oil and heat up for a minute. Add the caraway seeds, ras el hanout spice mixture and the coriander. Cook for a minute or so until fragrant. Drop on the peppers and the scallions and sauté for 4-5’. Remove from the pan.
- Take a large bowl and add the rice along with the peppers and scallions and mix well.