Just another way to cook one of my favourite meats, pork fillet, where a blend of tamarind teriyaki and not only give a wonderful taste with a glaze.
Serve with oven cooked sweet potatoes.
Have a look below at the full recipe and don’t forget that you can always print it.
Here you can find more of my recipes with Pork Fillet.
Tamarind-Teriyaki Pork Fillet
- 3 Pork Loins , about 400g each, cut in 2-3cm cubes
- 6 Scallions , cut in 2 cm thickness
- 30 ml Tamarind Sauce
- 50 ml Teriyaki Sauce
- 30 ml Honey
- 15 ml Sesame Oil
- 60 ml EVOO , Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- Take a large bowl and add the tamarind and 40ml of the teriyaki sauce along with the honey and the sesame oil. Mix well and toss in the pork cubes. Let marinade for at least an hour or even better overnight in the fridge. 1 hour prior to cooking remove from the fridge.
- Place a medium pan on high heat. 1’ later add 20ml of the oil, allow to heat-up and add the scallions. Sauté for couple of minutes until they get a nice char, season with the salt and pepper and sort of deglaze with the remaining 10ml of the teriyaki sauce. Remove from the pan and keep aside.
- This time place a large pan on high heat, pour another 20ml of the oil and allow to heat up. Then cook half the pork cubes for about 5’ while tossing frequently. Remove from the pan and repeat for the rest of the pork cubes.
- Serve while garnishing with the sauteed scallions and the sesame seeds.