A wonderful and fresh South American raw sauce that has been slightly adopted to include herbs from our own part of the world that do their own wonders (Basil and Thyme)
While the original recipe would call for minced garlic to be used, I decided not to use it so as to keep and elevate the freshness side of this sauce as well as the fantastic bright green colour of it.
Goes well with grilled meats as well as purées of potatoes and roots.
I hope you enjoy it!
Here you can find more of my Sauces.
- 1 cup Fresh Coriander , leaves on their stem, big stems removed
- 1 cup Fresh Parsley , leaves on their stem, big stems removed
- ½ cup Fresh Basil , leaves picked, home grown
- ¼ cup Fresh Mint , leaves picked, home grown
- 10 sprigs Fresh Thyme , leaves picked, home grown
- 1 Shallot , finely minced
- 1 Green Chilli , medium heat, deseeded and finely chopped
- 80 ml EVOO , extra virgin olive oil
- 50 ml Red Wine Vinegar
- 30 ml Lime Juice , or Lemon if Lime n/a
- 1 Lime Zest , or Lemon if Lime n/a
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- Add in the bowl of a high-speed blender or food processor all the ingredients, except the seasoning and pulse for a few times without overdoing it. You want a nice chopped mixture and not a ‘cream’. Season with the salt and pepper to taste and pulse once more.