If you’re a looking into unconventional ways to enjoy the juicy thighs of a chicken, the following recipe does exactly that in a very easy way! If you don’t have a Xato sauce or roasted Pepper’s sauce, then you can replace with tomato sauce where you have added some smoked paprika in it.
Have a look below at the full recipe. Don’t forget, you can always print it.
Alternatively, you can surf in my Facebook & Instagram pages to explore more mouthwatering recipes.
I hope you enjoy it!
Here you can find more of my Chicken Recipes.
Crispy Chicken Thighs with Chickpeas
- 10 Chicken Thighs , skin on
- 400 g Chickpeas , canned rinsed well
- 100 ml Spanish Xato Sauce , or Roasted Peppers Sauce (press for link)
- 300 ml Chicken Broth , press for link
- 2 tbsp EVOO , extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp fresh Coriander , leaves picked, for garnishing
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- Remove the chicken thigh from the fridge 1 hour before cooking. Just before cooking them, pat them dry and sprinkle on them the salt and pepper.
- Place a large frying pan on medium heat and pour the olive oil. Allow for a minute to heat up and add the chicken thighs skin side down. Cook for 10’ aiming for a crispy skin.
- In the meantime, add in a large bowl the chicken stock along with the Xato sauce. Stir to mix and add into them the chickpeas. Keep aside.
- Back to our pan, after the 10’ flip the chicken thigh and add to the pan the stock mixture with the chickpeas. Gently stir, increase the heat and cook for 12’ uncovered until the stock mixture has reduced by more than half and a nice sauce has been created.
- Remove from the pan into individual plates serving with bulgur or rice to absorb the sauce and optionally sprinkle with the coriander leaves.