A fantastic side dish for kebabs and other grilled meats while also nice to be enjoyed as salad on its own.
Fresh aspects coming out from the various fresh ingredients while herbal flavours and aromas are combined well with a tangy dressing.
I hope you enjoy it!
Here you can find more of my Couscous Recipes.
- 300g Couscous
- 600ml Water , boiling hot
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ¼ cup fresh Mint , leaves picked and roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh Parsley , leaves picked and roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh Coriander , leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 1 Cucumber , peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Tomato , finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli , seeded as much as you like and finely chopped
- ½ Red Onion , finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin , ground
- 1 tsp Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 3 tbsp EVOO , extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small Lemon zested
- 40ml Lemon juice
- 1½ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- Use a glass bowl to add the couscous along with the cumin, paprika and half the salt. Mix well, add the hot water and cover. 10’ later uncover and place kitchen towel in between the bowl and the lid to absorb the extra humidity.
- Uncover, fluff the couscous with a fork and add the tomato paste to mix well. Then add the mint parsley, coriander, cucumber, tomatoes, chilli and onion, along with the remaining salt and the pepper. Mix well.
- In the meantime, make the dressing by combining and whisking the oil with the lemon juice and zest.
- Finally pour the dressing all-over and mix well.