My version of this recipe calls for the use of a masher instead of a potato ricer. Few ingredients create these nice and gluey mashed potatoes that go extremely well with any type of stew.
I hope you enjoy it!
Here you can find more of my Potatoes Recipes..
- 1kg Cypriot Potatoes , about 6 medium size, or any starchy-waxy-buttery variety
- 150ml Charalambides Christis Fresh Milk, Full Fat
- 120g Butter , Country Life, cold and cut into small pieces
- ½ tsp Nutmeg , ground
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Clean and peel the potatoes.
- Use a large pot and add 4 litres of water over high heat and add 1 tbsp of salt. Bring to a boil and add the potatoes. Once it comes to a boil again cook them for about 25’ until soft (check with a fork).
- In the meantime, Put the milk in a small saucepan on medium heat and once it boils take it off the heat.
- Take the potatoes out of the water and let them sit for 10’. Then mash them with a potato masher while seasoning them with the 1 tsp of salt. Use a strong large whisk and stir in half the milk.
- Whisk in the butter in small batches making sure that you add the next batch when the previous was incorporated and add the remaining milk to create smooth mashed potatoes. Finally serve in a bowl and sprinkle with the nutmeg.