Tomato infused oil, herbed with basil and oregano, that adds an elegant garnish to cold pastas, soups, salads and many other dishes.
It’s an oil that not only brings a vibrant color to the plate but also a nice, subtle flavor.
Have a look below at the full recipe. Don’t forget, you can always print it.
I hope you enjoy it!
Just in case you would like to have a look at my other Dressings!
- 500g Cherry Tomatoes , ripened
- 5 Cloves Garlic , peeled
- 750ml EVOO , Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 basil leaves , home grown
- 2 tbsp fresh Oregano , home grown, and leaves picked
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Long Horn Pepper
- 1 tsp Anchovies paste
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- Turn the on your oven to 250°C, broiler/grill, rack in the top.
- In a large rectangular non-stick oven dish add the tomatoes, garlic and the red pepper, place in the oven and cook for about 8 minutes, aiming to char the ingredients as well as blister them, while turning couple of times.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 10’ and then add into the bowl of a food processor with the metal blade attached, or in a food blender, along with the remaining ingredients including the oil and let sit to infuse their aromas.
- Process the above until well cut, turn off the processor and allow for 30’ to incorporate their flavors.
- Strain the above mixture through a cheese cloth without pressing/forcing the mixture. 90’ later the tomato oil should be ready, and you can store it for more than 2 weeks.