Teriyaki cooked at home needs to be ‘shiny’ and taste better than the one at your local Asian restaurant. My version is a quick one, made faster than it takes to be delivered as I have skipped the marinating process. If you have the time do marinate for at least an hour. Serve with Basmati Rice.
- 700 grs Chicken Breasts , without the skin, cut in bite size pieces
- 60 ml Soy Sauce , light
- 80 ml Orange juice
- 1 inch fresh Ginger , grated
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Corn Starch
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons EVOO , Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- 5 fresh Scallions , white and green parts cut in 2 cm length (keep some green parts finely sliced for garnish)
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
- In a large saucepan on medium heat add the oil and heat for a minute. Add the chicken and the scallions and cook until golden for about 10 minutes, until almost cooked, tossing occasionally. Halfway through season with the salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, add in a deep bowl the soy sauce, orange juice, ginger, sesame oil, corn starch and honey and whisk to combine.
- Add the above mixture to the saucepan, reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with the sesame seeds and the finely sliced scallions.