Back in the days of attending University in Los Angeles I was quite fond of visiting a modern, at the time, Chinese noodles bar on Sunset Boulevard called Chin Chin. Their signature dish was this chicken noodle salad that I am trying to reincarnate from the taste memories at the back of my mind.
Have a look below at the full recipe. Don’t forget, you can always print it. I hope you enjoy it!
Alternatively, you can always surf in our Facebook & Instagram pages to explore more mouthwatering recipes.
I hope you enjoy it!
Chin Chin Noodles Salad
For the Noodles:
- 250 grs Egg Noodles
- 2 Chicken Breasts , about 225 grs each, without the skin
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon EVOO , (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 medium Carrot , shredded not julienned
- 2 medium Cucumbers , Peeled and cut lengthwise, deseeded and julienned in matchstick length
- 4 large fresh Scallions , greens included cut lengthwise and cross chopped
- 150 grs Bean Sprouts
- 150 grs Chinese Cabbage , thinly sliced or shredded
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Seeds , toasted
For the Sauce:
- 70 ml Rice Vinegar
- 70 ml Light Soy Sauce
- 30 ml Sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh Ginger , grated
- 2 tablespoons Pickled Ginger
- 2 cloves Garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon Chili flakes , crushed
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter
- Put all sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Turn the oven on to 180 degrees C, air-circulation middle position.
- Place the chicken breasts in an oven proof dish, drizzle with the oil, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for 35 minutes. Take out of the oven, allow to cool and dice the chicken fillet in small cubes.
- In a medium pot on high bring water to boil, add the salt and cook the noodles al-dente with guidance from the package instructions. Immediately strain the noodles and rinse them under cold running water. To prevent sticking. Place in a bowl.
- In the bowl of the noodles and the chicken cubes add the vegetables, half the sesame seeds, the dressing and toss well. Garnish with rest of the sesame seeds and serve.