Easy to make salad, opt for the smallest heirloom type of Potatoes. If you can’t find fresh estragon, then you could very well use either parsley or mint. Sometimes, if I have them at home, I like to include green olives that give the salad a nice salty touch that goes very well with the tanginess of the capers and the vinegar.
- 1 kg small Heirloom Potatoes , skin on and washed very well
- 3 Spring Onions , thinly sliced and greens included
- 3 teaspoons Capers , roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons EVOO , (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 2 tablespoons red wine Vinegar , Cabernet Sauvignon if possible
- 20 Green Olives , pitted and roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt , less if Olives are used
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- Boil 4 litres of water in a large pot over high heat and add 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Put the potatoes in the pot and once it boils back, cook them for about 20 minutes until soft (check with a fork)
- Take the potatoes out of the water and let them sit for 10 minutes to cool. Cut in half and place in your serving bowl.
- Add the oil, vinegar, onions, capers and olives (if used) and season with the salt and pepper. Gently toss to cover all the potatoes and serve cold.