The sharpness of gorgonzola and the smokiness of the pancetta call for a mellow balancing and the crispy thinly cut zucchini comes to the rescue!
Have a look below at the full recipe. Don’t forget, you can always print it. I hope you enjoy it!
Alternatively, you can always surf in our Facebook & Instagram pages to explore more mouthwatering recipes.
I hope you enjoy it!
Rigatoni with Zucchini, Pancetta and Gorgonzola
- 500 grs Rigatoni Pasta
- 250 large Zucchini , cut halfway through and then thinly sliced with a mandolin
- 4 thick slices Smoky Pancetta , about 120 grs cut in small cubes thickness
- 100 grs Gorgonzola Piccante
- 40 ml Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg , freshly ground
- 30 grs Parmesan cheese
- 5 litres cold Water
- 1 tablespoon EVOO , (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- freshly ground Black Pepper
- In a Large pot bring water to a boil on high heat, adding a generous amount of salt. Add the pasta, stirring occasionally so as not to stick and cook 2 minutes less than package instructions. Reserve ½ cup of cooking water.
- In the meantime, in a large, deep saucepan over medium heat toss in the pancetta sautéing until it gets slightly brown. Reduce the heat to low and with a slotted spoon remove the pancetta from the pan to a plate.
- While the pan is hot, increase heat and pour the oil in the fat of the pancetta. Add the zucchini, sprinkle with salt and toss for just a minute. You don’t want the zucchini to become soft but instead to retain their crispiness. Take out the zucchini to a different plate from that of the pancetta.
- As the pan is hot add 3-4 tablespoons from the pasta water and whisk in the cream. Bring to a bubble and stir in the Gorgonzola, about 2 minutes, until it melts. Add the nutmeg, reduce heat and return the pancetta to the pan.
- Strain the pasta and return to the pan of the gorgonzola and the pancetta. On medium heat toss the pasta for a minute so as the sauce goes to every single piece of the pasta. Carefully toss in the zucchini, season with pepper and serve in a flat dish topping with the Parmesan cheese.