Only use potatoes coming from Cyprus, mostly the Spunta variety that is grown on red soil, famous for their excellent flavour and firm texture. An easy and quick alternative to other oven baked potatoes!
Have a look below at the full recipe. Don’t forget, you can always print it. I hope you enjoy it!
Alternatively, you can always surf in our Facebook & Instagram pages to explore more mouthwatering recipes.
I hope you enjoy it!
Oven Baked Chips
- 3 medium to large Potatoes , Spunta variety
- 80 ml EVOO , (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 bunch fresh Thyme , leaves only, home grown
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- Set the oven to 210 degrees C, air circulation, rack in the middle.
- Wash and peel the potatoes, then slice them in 3 mm thickness using a mandolin and place them in a bowl filled with cold water for 2 hours so that the excess starch is removed.
- Take out of the water and dry them with a towel. Keep them out for 10 minutes to ensure that they have dried from the water.
- Place the chips in a large bowl. Pour half of the oil and add the thyme, salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Use an oven-proof baking dish, line it with the rest of the oil and place the chips slightly overlapping each other and cook for 35-50 minute until the edges of the chips brown a bit.